12 February 2017

Valentine's Day cards with sketch # 303 by Marielle LeBlanc

Hello sketch fans, Marielle here today to share a few Valentine's Day themed cards created with this month's sketch.

XOXO

For my first card, I used the sketch to create a small tag for my card. 
I started by creating a 5"X 6"card base and adhered the black patterned paper. Next, I cut out a small heart at the top portion of a 4 1/2" X 5 1/2"piece of white cardstock and cut a frilly heart in pink and machine stitched into place, I also machine stitch a small tab at the right upper corner. I then adhered the white cardstock piece to the card base with 3D foam squares. Attached the tag with black twine and added embellishments.



Here's a side view of my card. I did add a piece of heart patterned paper inside the card. 
Supplies are from Bella Blvd from my December kit from Clique Kits.


Hello Love

For this card , I flipped the sketch vertically. Card measures 4 3/4" X 6". I simply cut different stips of patterned papers and adhered them to a white card base and machine stitched the 2 outer edges. 



I made a 2nd rosette with flower printed patterned paper and added sentiment and embellishments.
Supplies for this card are from the January kit from Clique kits featuring Crate Paper -Heart Day collection and Simple Stories- Adore collection.


Here's our February sketch again, we can't wait to see what you create with it !! 


Don't forget to share your layouts or cards on Facebook and Instagram with the tag #Creating with Sketches. We'd also love for you to add them to InLinkz found at the challenge link above.

Hugs and Kisses,
Marielle





1 comment:

  1. Great cards Marielle, very Valentine inspiring ❤️
    Love the open heart in the 1st card and the rosette in the2nd card ❤️

    ReplyDelete