09 February 2017

Take It In | Majken Pullin

Hello there Creative Scrappers!  Majken here with you today.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing the design team takes on the sketches so far this month.  I have a layout for you using Shimelle's Go Now Go collection - the bright colors really worked well with the spray-paint "canvas" in my photos!  We visited the Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo, Texas during our Christmas vacation visiting family, and I knew this sketch would be a great way to highlight it.


I created fairly close to the sketch, using 2 photos.  But I switched up the straight strips by fussycutting some of the chevron paper to overlay the polka dot paper.  And to add some additional texture, I stitched and adhered star and heart enamels along the chevron.  

I even found a cut file in the shape of an antique car, cut out ten, and stood them up diagonally just like you see off Historic Route 66.



Here's a peek at the photo with a piece of ephemera I used for my title, along with a puffy heart sticker.



And here's the other photo area with some layers (and more enamel embellishments).



And last - but not least - you can see my journaling strips and an embellishment area in the top right.



I hope I've inspired you to use the sketch in a unique way!  Please link up any projects you create using the "Add Your Link" button on the bottom of the sketch reveal page.

Don't forget to also tag us on Instagram (@CreativeScrappers) with the hashtag #CSSketch303 and #CreatingWithSketches!  I'd love you to follow me as well on my Instagram and blog.

Have a super day!
Majken

No comments:

Post a Comment